Saturday, July 3, 2010

9 hours later - Sunday Afternoon in Hong Kong

So, I had a 9 hour break in between flights in Hong Kong, and I had no idea what to do, maybe I should have done some research, but I figured I would figure something out and go with the flow, so I got a train into the city and just walked around and hoped that I would find something to see, needless to say I wasn't disappointed. To give you an idea of how poorly i had organised things, at the airport I converted some cash into HK dollars, and I asked the lady "Would $100 Australian dollars be enough for 9 hours in Hong Kong?", and she replied "Yeah, that will get you into the city and back and have a nice dinner". I'm like "perfect, exactly what I had in mind".

Things to note about Hong Kong, I couldn't believe how vertical it is, what I mean is that every building is a massive skyscraper, it's like no other metropolis I've seen anywhere else in the world, thank god I had a wide angle lens to try and capture it all in. It was a very hot and humid day, the heat I don't mind, but the humidity, I prefer not, but it's a welcome change to Sydney winter. I was fortunate enough to be in the city to see it in the afternoon/evening, enjoy the photos.






















No comments:

Post a Comment